My Notebook is a bi-weekly blog post series of inspiration – from me to you! I share my favorites – things found on social media, blogs, stores, and more. Content can be newly published on Instagram or an oldie dug up from Pinterest. Anything goes!
Quote of the Week
- Progress is not possible without deviation. -Frank Zappa
Links I Love
- Banish Your Paper Piles | Living Well Spending Less
- Lemon Lime Slush | Eighteen25
- A Cozy and Colorful Home Office Makeover | Kalyn Brooke
- How to Budget on a Teacher’s Salary | Couple Money
- The Invisible Workload That Drags Women Down | Real Simple
- 5 Things You Should Do Every Single Day When Life is Stressful | Money Saving Mom
- 8 Types of Insurance You Can’t Go Without | Dave Ramsey
- Break Your Bad Spending Habits | Living Well Spending Less
- Get Your File Cabinet Organized Like a Pro | Moritz Fine Designs
- Our Favorite Road Trip Tips | I Heart Organizing
- Halloween Decorations You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less | Apartment Therapy
- 15 Gorgeous Free Hand Lettered Cut Files | The Pinning Mama
- Tips for Using Stencil Film with a Silhouette | Where The Smiles Have Been
- Hello Fall Door Hanger | Silhouette
What I’m Loving Right Now
- Quality Time with Family – I’m currently tracked out (I teach at a year round school) and was able to spend the last week with my mom. We shopped for my wedding dress (and I found one!), saw Counting Crows & Matchbox 20 in concert, visited Asheville for a few days, and enjoyed quality time together.
- Airbnb – Our trip to Asheville was so fun and for the first time my mom and I used Airbnb. I was always somewhat leery to use Airbnb, thinking that it was just for staying in someone’s home in an extra room or with other guests. (I’m not sure where I got that idea from.) The place we stayed was absolutely amazing – the little details made it that much more special than staying at a hotel. I will definitely use Airbnb in the future. Interested in trying Airbnb? Get $40 off your first reservation by signing up with my referral link!
- Microfiber Hair Towel – I have very thick hair that takes forever to dry. I’ve recently tried a microfiber hair towel and oh my goodness – it’s the best! After 15 minutes of my hair wrapped up in this towel, it cuts my drying time in half.